Ventilation with noise management
Solutions for our changing environment
Noise pollution is becoming increasingly common in our built environment. However our desire for natural fresh air and light remains as strong as ever. Silenceair® products are an environmentally responsible, technically sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing solution to ventilation and noise-management challenges. They represent a breakthrough in sustainable building design that is being embraced by architects, builders and home renovators around the world.
The original concept behind the Silenceair® range of products began as academic research in the acoustic laboratories of the University of Sydney. The prototype of the first Silenceair® product, the Silenceair® 240 Acoustic Wall Vent, won the prestigious ABC TV New Inventors 'Invention of the Year' award in 2004. Since then, Silenceair® has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2004: CSR 'Innovation in Acoustics' award
- 2006: Silver Medal 'Geneva International Exhibition'
- 2007: Designbuild winner 'Best New Product'
- 2007: Designbuild finalist 'Best Eco Product'
- 2007: Voted one of the 'Top 10 Green Building Products' by the USA publication 'Sustainable Industries Journal'
The Silenceair® 240 Acoustic Wall Vent was delivered to its first customers in October 2006. Since then, the company has fulfilled a number of large- and small-scale building projects throughout Australia.